Buying or selling a property
You may be upsizing, downsizing, growing your investment portfolio, relocating due to work or separation, selling following a bereavement, or just getting on to the property ladder.
Whatever your property needs we’re here to help.
There are three main elements
- You want to get the most for your home when you are selling it.
- You want to get the best deal when you are buying a new property.
- You want the process to be as stress free as possible.
The earlier you seek expert advice, very often, the better the outcome.
We work with
- First time buyers who are wanting to make the first step onto the property ladder
- Families looking for a bigger home
- Couples looking to downsize, or at retirement planning
- Individuals and families relocating through work commitments
- Individuals relocating due to separation or divorce
- Families needing to sell property following a bereavement
- Property developers
- Investors in the ‘buy to let’ market
- Families looking for a second home either for family members or perhaps as a student or a holiday home.
Our expert team, based in Edinburgh and Glasgow, helps our clients achieve the best deals, whilst delivering the service they want, at a competitive price. We are available from 8am to 5pm on Monday to Friday. You can contact the team during these times on 0131 247 1010.
Benefits we bring
At Morton Fraser, our team are here to work on your behalf whether you’re in the market to move home or are thinking of either selling your investment or developing your portfolio. We’ll guide you from initial stages right through to closing the deal. Being part of a law firm, we have all the conveyancing expertise in-house.
If you’re selling, we’ll advise you on market value and how to achieve the best sale price. We might suggest ways of getting your home ready for sale and can source trades assistance if necessary. We’ll also advise you on a comprehensive marketing strategy and follow up on every lead.
If you’re buying, we’ll advise you on the prices of any properties you’re interested in and tell you if we think what you’re prepared to pay is over the odds. We’ll recommend what we think you should offer to be successful. In addition, we’ll clarify any implications in the seller’s Home Report and if there’s need for improvement work, we can source professional reports on the likely cost.
Our legal conveyancing covers both selling and buying, making ours a seamless commercial and legal service.
We have an impressive portfolio of properties for sale.
AT A GLANCE: HOW OUR CLARITY CAN BENEFIT YOU
When selling we’ll advise on:
- The sale price and market value
- What your asking price should be
- Getting your home ready for sale
- A comprehensive marketing strategy
When buying we’ll advise on:
- The asking price and market value
- The best offer to be successful
- The seller’s Home Report
- The likely cost of any improvements
Our legal conveyancing service covers both selling and buying.
Our approach to fees
We understand the importance of fee clarity and value for money.
We can offer to do your work for a fixed fee or for a fixed percentage fee based on the ultimate sale or purchase price. We will always provide a clear outline of the work we are doing, and clarity around the service we provide.