Still at school? Believe nothing quite beats a bit of experience? We agree. That’s why we offer you the chance to break free from the classroom and join us first hand. This way you get to know us and we get to find out more about you.
This is an exciting opportunity to learn more about working life and legal practice.
Selecting a course of study at university is an important and sometimes difficult decision. Our work experience programme is designed to assist secondary school pupils who are considering studying law at university.
Our programme is designed for school pupils who:
- have completed their fourth year of secondary school
- are interested in studying law at university
It’s unpaid and lasts for one week, Monday to Friday from 9.30 to 1pm. We offer 15 places each year, 10 in our Edinburgh office and 5 in our Glasgow office. You’ll get experience in at least three different areas of legal practice, by shadowing our trainee solicitors.
We receive a lot of applications each year, so before you apply think carefully about why you are applying and show us why you are interested in the placement.
We’re looking for evidence of your passion and knowledge of law and why you’re thinking of studying law at university.
Application process and closing dates
- You can apply for work experience placements up to six months ahead. There are two closing dates for applications - 28th February and 30th September each year.
- You must complete our application form. The selection process will be based on the application forms only; no supporting evidence is required.
- Once your application is submitted you will receive an email acknowledging receipt.
- You will be notified within 14 days of the closing date if you are to be offered a placement. If you have been unsuccessful you will be notified within 21 days of the closing date.
- If successful, you will be offered a placement with specific dates so if your school has fixed dates when they expect you to do work experience it is important that you include these in your application.
The Best of luck.
To apply please complete the application form below and return this to Marivi.Prescott@morton-fraser.com.