Job Title: Associate or Senior Associate, Employment Law
Details: Temporary (Maternity Cover), Full Time
About Morton Fraser
At Morton Fraser we are a different kind of law firm, independent by choice and a place where we make our own decisions and our people can have their own say. Our culture empowers all of our people to be the best they can be.
You'll get responsibility early on and the support to make great things happen. And because we understand that hard work comes from people who are empowered to be at their best more of the time, we offer an agile working environment.
We are charting our way to become the best in our field, so if you share our ambition, come chart your best course with us.
Summary of role
Experienced Associate or Senior Associate required to provide legal advice to both employers and employees in connection with all aspects of employment law.
- Manage your caseload competently, professionally efficiently and cost effectively, with minimum supervision, to achieve client and firm objectives.
- Advise clients on rights and remedies on all employment law issues (contentious and non-contentious).
- Provide practical commercial based advice, often within very tight timescales.
- Maximise business development opportunities from existing and potential clients and support divisional marketing initiatives including participation in client seminars and using existing contacts to cross-sell.
- Contribute constructively to the success of the Employment Law Team.
- Contribute to organising and delivering technical training as required within the team and wider division.
- Keep abreast of case law and legislative changes within employment law.
Qualifications and Experience
- You will have at least 6 years PQE experience of employment law.
- You have excellent communication skills, you are articulate, you communicate clearly, concisely and without any jargon.
- You enjoy working within a team and autonomously on your own initiative.
- You are personable and good at building and developing client relationships.
- You are confident and you have a strong belief in yourself and your own ability.
- You are committed to providing a good client experience and willing to put in extra time and effort when required.
Please complete the application form and email to Becky Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org