One of Scotland’s largest independent law firms, Morton Fraser, has announced 22 internal promotions across its real estate, corporate, litigation and private client teams.
The promotions include the appointment of Emma Kiel, Suzanne Sutherland, Ewan McGillivray and Nicola Edgar to legal director, within the real estate and litigation teams.
Stewart Moy, Fiona Byron, Andrew Gibson, Debbie Brogan, Hayley Johnson and Emma Carmichael-Stewart have also been promoted to senior associate. The remaining promotions include six associate, four senior solicitor and two paralegal appointments.
In total, the promotions comprise nearly 10 per cent of Morton Fraser’s workforce, which has engaged in a structured learning and development programme. It includes eLearning, technical legal training, taught programmes and masterclasses geared around improving individual, team and professional skills, to support individual growth and advancement at all levels within the firm.
Jenny Dickson, Partner and Chair at Morton Fraser, said: “These well-deserved promotions highlight the stellar contributions each individual has made to the firm over the past year. As a firm, we take great pride in putting our talent first, which means providing a great place to work, interesting work to do and ongoing development opportunities. This group of internal appointments highlights the quality of the talent we’re nurturing at the firm through our talent first approach, and I am looking forward to seeing everyone develop within their new roles.”
The full list of promotions is:
- Emma Kiel, Legal Director, Real Estate
- Suzanne Sutherland, Legal Director, Real Estate
- Ewan McGillivray, Legal Director, Litigation
- Nicola Edgar, Legal Director, Litigation
- Stewart Moy, Senior Associate, Corporate Growth
- Fiona Byron, Senior Associate, Private Client
- Emma Carmichael-Stewart, Senior Associate, Real Estate
- Andrew Gibson, Senior Associate, Litigation
- Debbie Brogan, Senior Associate, Litigation
- Hayley Johnson, Senior Associate, Litigation
- Trudy Burns, Associate, Private Client
- Ellen Crofts, Associate, Private Client
- Katie Mahony, Associate, Private Client
- Anna Maitles, Associate, Private Client
- Nadia Watson, Associate, Litigation
- Robin Keay, Associate, Litigation
- Kiril Pehlivanov, Senior Solicitor, Corporate Growth
- Stephanie Tinney, Senior Solicitor, Real Estate
- Stephen Wyper, Senior Solicitor, Real Estate
- Judith Baxter, Senior Solicitor, Litigation
- Charmaine Gomez, Paralegal, Real Estate
- Luke McNaughtan, Paralegal, Litigation
The content of this webpage is for information only and is not intended to be construed as legal advice and should not be treated as a substitute for specific advice. Morton Fraser LLP accepts no responsibility for the content of any third party website to which this webpage refers. Morton Fraser LLP is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.