One of Scotland’s largest independent law firms, Morton Fraser, has appointed four new partners across its litigation and private client divisions.
Nicola Edgar and Emma Wood began their legal careers at Morton Fraser as trainee lawyers, exemplifying Morton Fraser’s commitment to developing its people. Nicola Edgar is a personal injury specialist and becomes a partner within the litigation division, whilst Emma Wood becomes a partner within the firm’s highly-rated Succession and Tax team, specialising in estate planning.
Sarah Gilzean is an accredited specialist in discrimination and employment law and becomes a partner in the firm's highly regarded Employment Law team, as does Alan Delaney, who is also an accredited specialist in employment law.
All of the four new partners have recently completed the firm's Senior Leadership Assessment and Development Programme, an initiative delivering bespoke coaching and formal mentoring for the firm's next generation of leaders.
The firm has made a further 11 internal promotions across senior solicitor, associate, senior associate and legal director roles. All promotions are in place from the 1st June 2023.
Chris Harte, Chief Executive at Morton Fraser, said: “This year’s promotions reflect our continuing commitment to the development and growth of our people. As part of our ‘talent first’ strategy, we seek to attract the best talent regardless of background, and invest in the individual from there. We are delighted to recognise this year’s new partners and promotions, and look forward to seeing them continuing to flourish in their new roles.”
The full list of promotions is:
- Alan Delaney, Partner, Litigation (Employment)
- Nicola Edgar, Partner, Litigation (Personal Injury)
- Sarah Gilzean, Partner, Litigation (Employment)
- Emma Wood, Partner, Private Client
- Hayley Johnson, Legal Director, Litigation (Employment)
- Hannah Lawrence, Senior Associate, Real Estate
- Elizabeth Sparks, Senior Associate, Private Client
- Nicole Moscardini, Associate, Litigation (Employment)
- Steph Tinney, Associate, Real Estate
- John Callender, Senior Solicitor, Litigation
- Anthea Chan, Senior Solicitor, Real Estate
- Rowena Claxton, Senior Solicitor, Agricultural and Rural Property
- David Forrester, Senior Solicitor, Litigation
- Douglas Harvey, Senior Solicitor, Litigation
- Beth Holehouse, Senior Solicitor, Private Client
- Victoria Fenton, Senior Paralegal, Private Client
- Callum Oliver, Trainee Paralegal, Litigation
The content of this webpage is for information only and is not intended to be construed as legal advice and should not be treated as a substitute for specific advice. Morton Fraser LLP accepts no responsibility for the content of any third party website to which this webpage refers. Morton Fraser LLP is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.