This role will be based in either our Edinburgh or Glasgow office for administrative purposes. We operate our business on an agile basis reflecting the needs of our clients and our people to deliver outstanding client service. We will agree a suitable office/homeworking arrangement with all candidates.
Job Title: Associate or Senior Associate (Tax and Succession Planning)
Division: Private Client
Location: Edinburgh or Glasgow
Details: Permanent, Full Time
About Morton Fraser
At Morton Fraser we are a different kind of law firm, independent by choice and a place where we make our own decisions and our people can have their own say. Our culture empowers all of our people to be the best they can be.
You'll get responsibility early on and the support to make great things happen. And because we understand that hard work comes from people who are empowered to be at their best more of the time, we offer an agile working environment.
We are charting our way to become the best in our field, so if you share our ambition, come chart your best course with us.
Summary of Role
To deliver an excellent client focused legal service, in all areas of tax and succession planning covered by the private client team. To include providing clear advice on Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax, on the preparation of wills; on wider estate planning; Powers of Attorney; complex executry administration and on the creation and administration of trusts.
- Advising clients on matters relating to Wills, tax and estate planning, Powers of Attorney, Trusts, complex executries and Guardianship.
- Drafting legal documents in connection with all of these matters.
- Providing technical advice to clients on succession and tax planning
- Assisting Partners and working as part of a large team
- Being proactive in the financial control of your caseload, including accurate time recording and prompt feeing.
- Contributing constructively to the success of the division.
- Supporting the Firm’s marketing initiatives and identifying and maximising opportunities to sell the services of the Firm.
- Delivering technical training as required within the division.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 years+ PQE
- You can take responsibility for your own clients (primary point of contact) and manage those cases with reference to the partner where appropriate.
- Pro-active in the financial control of all your own and team matters, including accurate time recording and prompt feeing.
- You have excellent communication skills, you are articulate, you communicate clearly, concisely and without any jargon.
- You enjoy working within a team and autonomously on your own initiative.
- You are personable and good at building and developing client relationships.
- You are confident and you have a strong belief in yourself and your own ability.
- You are committed to providing a good client experience and willing to put in extra time and effort when required.
Please complete the application form and email to Ailsa Cameron at email@example.com
Candidates with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for the role will be guaranteed an interview.
As signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant, we recognise the value that serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. Please ensure you include any military skills and qualifications you hold when applying for a vacancy with us to ensure they are recognised during our recruitment and selection process.