This role will be based in our Edinburgh office for administrative purposes. We operate our business on an agile basis reflecting the needs of our clients and our people to deliver outstanding client service. We will agree a suitable office/homeworking arrangement with all candidates.
Job Title: Cashroom Assistant
Division: Executive Services
Details: Permanent, Full Time
About Morton Fraser
At Morton Fraser we are a different kind of law firm, independent by choice and a place where we make our own decisions and our people can have their own say. Our culture empowers all of our people to be the best they can be.
You'll get responsibility early on and the support to make great things happen. And because we understand that hard work comes from people who are empowered to be at their best more of the time, we offer an agile working environment.
We are charting our way to become the best in our field, so if you share our ambition, come chart your best course with us.
Summary of Role
Assisting and deputising for the Legal Cashier in the day to day cashroom functions.
- Daily banking - dealing with all incoming/outgoing funds.
- Dealing with enquiries from internal (fee earners) and external (banks etc) contacts.
- Daily postings - entering information into the legal accounting system.
- Setting up and authorising payments using internet banking.
- Entering journals and transfers into the legal accounting system.
- Processing monthly payments (salaries, standing orders, drawings account etc.).
- Carrying out bank account reconcilliations.
- Ensuring compliance to internal control procedures and Law Society of Scotland rules.
- Working efficiently to deadlines.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven numeracy qualification (e.g. Higher Maths/Accountancy).
- Proven planning and organising skills.
- You may have experience of working in the legal sector and will ideally hold a SOLAS qualification, although this is not essential.
- It would be beneficial for the role holder to be conversant with a legal software and be competent at working with Microsoft Excel.
- You have excellent communication skills, you are articulate, you communicate clearly, concisely and without any jargon.
- You enjoy working within a team and autonomously on your own initiative.
- You are personable and good at building and developing client relationships.
- You are confident and you have a strong belief in yourself and your own ability.
- You are committed to providing a good client experience and willing to put in extra time and effort when required.
Please complete the application form and email to Ailsa Cameron at firstname.lastname@example.org