This role will be based in our Edinburgh office for administrative purposes. We operate our business on an agile basis reflecting the needs of our clients and our people to deliver outstanding client service. We will agree a suitable office/homeworking arrangement with all candidates.
Job Title: Legal Assistant (English Property law)
Division: Real Estate and Infrastructure
Details: Permanent, Full Time (Part Time will be considered)
About Morton Fraser
At Morton Fraser we are a different kind of law firm, independent by choice and a place where we make our own decisions and our people can have their own say. Our culture empowers all of our people to be the best they can be.
You'll get responsibility early on and the support to make great things happen. And because we understand that hard work comes from people who are empowered to be at their best more of the time, we offer an agile working environment.
We are charting our way to become the best in our field, so if you share our ambition, come chart your best course with us.
Summary of Role
To provide English real estate legal executive services, in a confidential environment, and to work with other members of the division to ensure an excellent legal service to clients.
- Manage your workload competently, professionally and cost effectively with appropriate supervision to achieve client satisfactory and firm objectives.
- Be pro-active in the financial control of all your own matters including accurate time recording and prompt feeing.
- Dealing with English real estate transactions on property finance transactions on behalf of lenders and liaising with borrowers solicitors to achieve completion.
- Examine English real estate title documentation and report to client.
- Negotiate basic leases, licences and ancillary documentation in Landlord and Tenant matters.
- Manage a varied workload for key clients, including SIPP providers, high street lenders, property companies and institutional property funds.
- Be an excellent team player, contributing to the work of other members of the team.
- Support your team/division in document production.
- Actively contribute to the forum for the exchange of technical knowledge within your team/division.
- Deal with, and assist the team with, registration of documentation and any ancillary issues.
- Primarily commercial real estate, but with occasional residential transactions.
Qualifications and Experience
- You will have at least two years' experience working as an English Legal Executive
- Ilex A level standard
- You have excellent communication skills, you are articulate, you communicate clearly, concisely and without any jargon.
- You enjoy working within a team and autonomously on your own initiative.
- You are personable and good at building and developing client relationships.
- You are confident and you have a strong belief in yourself and your own ability.
- You are committed to providing a good client experience and willing to put in extra time and effort when required.
Please complete the application form and email to Ailsa Cameron at firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for the role will be guaranteed an interview.
As signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant, we recognise the value that serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. Please ensure you include any military skills and qualifications you hold when applying for a vacancy with us to ensure they are recognised during our recruitment and selection process.