This role will be based in our Edinburgh office for administrative purposes. We operate our business on an agile basis reflecting the needs of our clients and our people to deliver outstanding client service. We will agree a suitable office/homeworking arrangement with all candidates.
Job Title: Solicitor or Associate (England and Wales)
Division: Real Estate and Infrastructure
Details: Permanent, Full Time
About Morton Fraser
At Morton Fraser we are a different kind of law firm, independent by choice and a place where we make our own decisions and our people can have their own say. Our culture empowers all of our people to be the best they can be.
You'll get responsibility early on and the support to make great things happen. And because we understand that hard work comes from people who are empowered to be at their best more of the time, we offer an agile working environment.
We are charting our way to become the best in our field, so if you share our ambition, come chart your best course with us.
Summary of Role
To provide English real estate legal advice to commercial clients, to negotiate contracts on their behalf and to advise on all matters involved in the purchase, sale and lease of commercial properties.
- Manage your workload competently, professionally, and cost effectively to achieve client satisfaction and firm objectives.
- Be pro-active in the financial control of all your own matters as the fee-earner, including accurate time recording and prompt feeing.
- Examine title and report to clients.
- Negotiate with other solicitors and implement commercial property purchase and sale contracts.
- Negotiate with other solicitors and revise leases for either tenants or landlords.
- Contribute constructively to the work of other members of the Real Estate and Infrastructure division.
- Support your team/division marketing initiatives, events and seminar programme.
- Manage your own technical learning and actively contribute to the forum for the exchange of technical knowledge within your team/division.
Qualifications and Experience
- 2+ years PQE with relevant English commercial property conveyancing experience.
- You have excellent communication skills, you are articulate, you communicate clearly, concisely and without any jargon.
- You enjoy working within a team and autonomously on your own initiative.
- You are personable and good at building and developing client relationships.
- You are confident and you have a strong belief in yourself and your own ability.
- You are committed to providing a good client experience and willing to put in extra time and effort when required.
Please complete the application form and email to Ailsa Cameron at email@example.com
Candidates with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for the role will be guaranteed an interview.
As signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant, we recognise the value that serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. Please ensure you include any military skills and qualifications you hold when applying for a vacancy with us to ensure they are recognised during our recruitment and selection process.