Promoting equal opportunities: We have robust policies, excellent female role models and a supportive culture which help deliver inclusion, diversity and equality.
- of our partners are women
- of our Managing Board are women
- of our staff are on a flexible working pattern.
Access to the legal profession: We offer work experience in which school pupils undertake a week of learning in our office, gaining experience of a wide range of legal practice areas. We promote this programme actively, and combine it with school visits and other initiatives (including our support for the Scottish Schools Law Project) to inspire and encourage aspiring lawyers, as well as to increase the diversity of the profession. We also mentor students including those who are taking a non-traditional route to the profession.
Supporting the promotion of young people's training: We participate in a mentoring programme with local school pupils, organised by Scottish Business in the Community. Many of our lawyers lecture and tutor at various universities. We also provide speakers to Understanding Industry, an initiative which works in schools to promote an understanding of business.
Supporting local communities: Pro-bono work - We assist a number of charities through the provision of legal advice in situations where there are legitimate financial constraints. We also support the Citizens’ Advice Bureau with solicitor advisors, and provide meeting facilities to charity clients.
- Signed up to Scottish Government's Business Pledge - we are committed to creating lasting economic success, building sustainable growth and achieving fairness, equality, opportunity and innovation.
- We provide support to charities in a variety of ways. We donate to a number of charitable organisations and raise funds through various events and activities.
- Many of our staff provide mentoring support to a variety of people including local school children, university students and through the Law Society's programme.
Our engagement in the community is an important feature of life at Morton Fraser. We have found the experience to be mutually beneficial: it provides us with perspective and insight which we can bring to our own community of clients and colleagues.