Do you know and understand what the additional powers will be, the wide range of policy areas which will be affected and the extent to which taxation powers in Scotland will be widened?
With a range of speakers including; Michael Moore, Senior Advisor for Devolution, PwC, Caroline Gardner, Auditor General for Scotland, Prof Graeme Roy, Director, Fraser of Allander Institute and Lynda Towers, Director of Public Law, Morton Fraser, this conference will cover a range of topics:
- Understand what the full range of new powers for the Scottish Parliament will be
- Discuss how these powers could be used
- Network with others from the public, private and third sectors thinking about future scenario preparation
- Learn what the taxation, economic and public services policies might be with the new powers
- Plan ahead for the effects of prospective changes in tax, regulation and broader Scottish Government powers
Maggie Moodie, partner and public sector lead at Morton Fraser, which is sponsoring and hosting the conference, said: “We are on the cusp of major legislative change in Scotland so the conference will be very interesting and an event we are very excited to support. Morton Fraser possesses one of the largest public sector teams in Scotland and we’re looking forward to not only hosting the event but having our new Director of Public Law Lynda Towers lead a discussion on the range of Parliament’s new powers. It’s important to be aware of the new powers and be prepared for the impact it will have for business and public services.”