Our high quality training courses are designed for business owners, directors, HR professionals, line managers, in-house lawyers and finance team members seeking an understanding of, or an update on, specific selected areas.
In February and March, we will be running the following training courses:-
GDPR: the practical day to day skills you need to know in the workplace- Edinburgh: 21 February 2020 and Glasgow: 25 February 2020
Most of us will be very familiar with the key requirements of GDPR, the need to have privacy notices, privacy policies and information security policies. This half day course looks beyond the basics and rolls up its sleeves to get to grips with the key practical aspects of GDPR which impact HR professionals and managers on a day to day basis.
Given the regularity with which subject access requests are made (it also being the leading source of calls to the ICO at 39%), the first part of the course will give you the skills to expertly deal with subject access requests in a proactive way that reduces risk. This will include:-
- recognising subject access requests
- narrowing the scope of requests once they are received
- making best use of all available exemptions
- avoiding the disclosure of "third party" personal data
- what to expect if complaints are made to the ICO
The second part of the course tackles other practical GDPR aspects which arise in the workplace including:-
- the limited circumstances where employee consent can be relied upon
- steps to take when employees object to the use of their personal data (or seek for it to be deleted)
- when you can process special category and criminal record data
- setting and adhering to data retention periods
- when personal data breaches become notifiable to the ICO and to individuals
Employment law essentials - Glasgow: 9 March 2020
This one day course is designed to provide attendees with a comprehensive overview of key areas of employment law to assist with dealing with day to day issues that arise in the workplace whilst ensuring that risk is managed appropriately with a view to avoiding costly disputes or Employment Tribunal claims. This course will cover:-
- contracts of employment
- managing change, including redundancy
- managing employees
- dismissing fairly
- employment tribunal claims and procedure
These sessions are part of a practical series of employment law courses covering key employment law and related HR issues brought to you by one of the leading employment law teams in Scotland.