Historically, some estate agents tied their clients up in knots, kept them in the dark and used sharp practices to charge excessive fees. With back-to-back deals for their own gain, they really did little to help their client. Some didn't have the inclination or even ability to do a proper job to maximise a sale price and purely placed the property on the market and kept their fingers crossed.
As a Chartered Surveyor, there are times I am embarrassed to admit to being an estate agent due to their reputation. However, the overwhelmingly positive feedback we've received from our clients suggests they've had the opposite experience at Morton Fraser.
We've thought long and hard about what you are likely to want from your agent:
As a seller
- clarity on process and costs
- a professional you like and can trust
- assurance that your property will be sold for the best price
- confidence that the team know what they are doing
- a complaints procedure should there be a problem
As a buyer
- trust both ways
- confidence that the agent acting for the seller will follow the basic rules
Our promise to you
Our skilled and experienced Estate Agency team make the following guarantee to our clients:
- We will give you complete clarity over our fees and all the associated costs from the outset.
- We provide the highest levels of client care. First and foremost, we care about our clients, so respect for you and your property is a given. We will support you throughout the process as much or as little as you need to ensure you understand and are comfortable with the process.
- We will do our utmost to maximise your sale price and communicate with you over how best to achieve this.
- We will keep you up to date with progress. Selling and moving can be a challenging time but our aim is to make it as stress-free as possible.
- We will make life simple for you. As both a firm of solicitors and estate agents, we can assist you throughout your whole move from estate agency and selling your home through to the legal conveyancing of the sale.
- We can also negotiate and tie up the legal conveyancing on your purchase, all under one roof. If needed, we are happy to step in and co-ordinate trades people, home clearance and a removal company.
- Finally, you can have complete confidence in us.
As a law firm, we are regulated by the Law Society of Scotland with further service standards set out by the ESPC. These regulations operate in conjunction with our own complaints procedure.
If you are thinking about moving, please don't think the worst about estate agents! We can visit your property on a no-obligation basis, and not only provide a marketing report and fee quote but explain where we can provide added value for your money. Contact our Estate Agency team now on the details below to find out more.