We will be running our latest free essential employment law seminars in both our Edinburgh and Glasgow offices in October - "Upcoming legal challenges for employers - what you need to know". There are some significant employment law developments coming up, as well as consultations about potential new legislation, including:-
- a new right to request workplace modifications on health grounds for all employees (not just employees who are "disabled" under the Equality Act)
- enhanced redundancy protection for pregnant employees and those on family leave
- changes to the law on harassment
- changes to gagging clauses
- update on Brexit and existing employees
- changes to IR35
This seminar will explain what these changes and proposals might mean for your business, enabling you to be one step ahead in preparing for any potential consequences and allowing you to assess any potential risk areas before they arise.
The dates for the seminars are:-
- 8 October at 5.30pm in our Edinburgh Office, and
- 9 October at 8.30am in our Glasgow Office
The seminars will last approximately one hour, including questions and answers, with an opportunity for networking before and after.
Registration will take place from 5:00pm for a 5:30pm start for the evening seminar in Edinburgh and 8:00am for an 8:30am start for the breakfast seminar in Glasgow.