Keep up to date with the key legal requirements and best practice in the workplace saving your organisation time and money. Our open programme allows organisations to access high quality training for smaller groups or individuals. We offer regular half day and full day courses in our Edinburgh and Glasgow offices.
Our courses are designed for business owners, HR professionals, line managers, in-house lawyers and finance team members seeking an understanding of, or an update on, specific selected areas. The maximum group size is 20 delegates.
All of our courses have a very practical focus, drawing on our many years of experience of advising both employers and employees on these matters and appearing before Employment Tribunals.
Half day courses:
- Disciplinary and grievance issues training
- Managing employees (Performance) training
- Managing employees (Sickness Absence) training
- Discrimination and harassment training
- Employment Tribunal Procedure and Witness Familiarisation training
- Immigration & Employment training
- GDPR: the practical day to day skills you need to know in the workplace
Full day course
£249 plus VAT per delegate for a half day course
£499 plus VAT per delegate for our full day course
*10% reduction available for registered charities
*15% reduction available for second delegate from the same organisation booked on the same course on the same day.
Our half day courses run from 9.30am to 12.30pm.
Our full day course runs from 9.30am to 4.30pm with lunch included
How to book
You can book a place on one or more of our sessions by emailing your details and preferred session to Jennifer Robertson and making the relevant payment via SagePay on our website here, referencing "ELTcourse" (please let Jennifer know if you need us to issue a receipt to confirm payment).
* Payment is required in advance of attendance. Cancellations more than 10 working days before the course start date will be refunded or an alternative course can be booked. Cancellations less than 10 working days before the date of the course will not be refunded but delegates can re-book on a course at a later date.
Essential Employment Law Seminars
We will be running our latest free essential employment law seminars in both our Edinburgh and Glasgow offices in October - "Upcoming legal challenges for employers - what you need to know". There are some significant employment law developments coming up, as well as consultations about potential new legislation, including:-
- a new right to request workplace modifications on health grounds for all employees (not just employees who are "disabled" under the Equality Act)
- enhanced redundancy protection for pregnant employees and those on family leave
- changes to the law on harassment
- changes to gagging clauses
- update on Brexit and existing employees
- changes to IR35
This seminar will explain what these changes and proposals might mean for your business, enabling you to be one step ahead in preparing for any potential consequences and allowing you to assess any potential risk areas before they arise.
The dates for the seminars are:-
- 8 October at 5.30pm in our Edinburgh Office, and
- 9 October at 8.30am in our Glasgow Office
The seminars will last approximately one hour, including questions and answers, with an opportunity for networking before and after.
Registration will take place from 5:00pm for a 5:30pm start for the evening seminar in Edinburgh and 8:00am for an 8:30am start for the breakfast seminar in Glasgow.