Job Title: Paralegal, Banking and Finance
Details: Temporary, Full Time
About Morton Fraser
At Morton Fraser we are a different kind of law firm, independent by choice and a place where we make our own decisions and our people can have their own say. Our culture empowers all of our people to be the best they can be.
We are charting our way to become the best in our field, so if you share our ambition, come chart your best course with us.
Summary of role
Working on SME debt finance transaction execution in respect of Scots law matters working in tandem with a major international law firm and also assisting the Hub on transaction execution matters.
- Document review.
- Transaction management.
- Handling completions.
- Liaison with borrower-side lawyers, and with lead counsel (a major international law firm) and the client (a major European bank).
- Possibility of negotiation experience, although as a general rule we don't expect documentation to undergo substantive negotiation.
- Project administration.
- Working as part of a large wider team.
Qualifications and Experience
- Paralegal or legal qualification.
- You have excellent communication skills, you are articulate, you communicate clearly, concisely and without any jargon.
- You enjoy working within a team and autonomously on your own initiative.
- You are personable and good at building and developing client relationships.
- You are confident and you have a strong belief in yourself and your own ability.
- You are committed to providing a good client experience and willing to put in extra time and effort when required.
Please complete the application form and email to Becky Paul at email@example.com