Edinburgh 0131 247 1000
Glasgow 0141 274 1100
Welcome to clarity

Obtaining a sponsor licence

When you are considering employing overseas staff you may need to become a registered sponsor with the Home Office.

This will allow you to sponsor skilled workers to work for your business and to transfer staff from an office overseas to fill temporary gaps or undertake training in the UK. The process of becoming registered with the Home Office requires you to provide a number of specified documents to ensure that your application is successful. If minor errors are made the application can be refused which can cause delay and expense for your business.

Clear advice

We can assist you by explaining the registration process and the duties you will be under as a registered sponsor. We can advise you on the appropriate documents for your type of business and your sponsorship needs. We can help you to prepare your online application and we can advise you on what to expect if the Home Office ask to meet with you when deciding your application.  

Benefits we bring

All of our immigration team are highly experienced at advising businesses in relation to becoming registered with the Home Office. We have helped all sizes of companies through this process and we understand that when you want to recruit a new member of staff you need to process your application quickly. The team is top rated in Scotland by both Chambers and Legal 500.

Our approach to fees

Where possible we offer fixed fee packages for assisting with the registration process. If it is not possible to offer a fixed fee then we will provide a clear indication of the likely fee based on agreed scope of work.