Edinburgh 0131 247 1000
Glasgow 0141 274 1100
Welcome to clarity
Welcome to clarity

Family members and dependents

If you are moving to the UK to live with a partner, then you may be eligible for a spouse, civil partner or unmarried partner visa. These visas are complicated and require you to show that you meet a number of requirements:

  • That you have a genuine relationship
  • That you have somewhere to live;
  • That your fiancé, husband, wife or partner has enough in income or savings to support you. In most cases, that do not involve children, the British national needs to be earning £18,600 a year before tax to support the visa application;
  •  In some cases you may need to meet English language or medical requirements as well.