Benefits we bring to you
First of all, we boast one of the largest finance practices among independent Scottish law firms, and we firmly believe that the quality of our people and the service we provide across a range of specialisms is unique and of unparalleled excellence in Scotland. We can offer specialist expertise across:
- Corporate finance
- Real estate finance
- Leveraged and acquisition finance
- Structured finance
- Loan portfolio disposals
- Asset and invoice finance
- Regulated financial products
- Consumer credit matters
Secondly, we work on matters comprising a broad range of transaction values; we regularly partner with instructing counsel on syndicated debt transactions with GBP (or equivalent) values in the hundreds of millions and loan book sales with values in the billions. We provide the same level of quality service, with clarity and attention to detail at its core, in all circumstances and regardless of deal size.
Thirdly, we act for all of the UK clearing banks, many building societies and many other UK and international institutions, including non-bank lenders, bridging finance providers and specialist debt funds. We sit on legal panels for Barclays, Santander, Lloyds and RBS. The depth and breadth of our client base has facilitated our exposure to complex, high value transactions, both on bilateral and syndicated terms.
Fourthly, we aim to deliver cost-effective, expeditious and technically flawless advice and solutions, dove-tailing where necessary with our lead instructing counsel so that the ultimate client receives a seamless service.
And finally, we are user-friendly and easy to deal with; we're here to provide answers and solutions for you and your clients. We would never just identify problems and then request instructions.
We look forward to working with you.
- ING BANK - Instructed by the City office of a major international law firm to act for ING as Scots counsel in respect of the £20mn financing of the acquisition of prime office space in Edinburgh city centre
- Deutsche Bank - Instructed by the City office of a major international law firm to act for Deutsche as Scots counsel in respect of the £42.48mn financing of the acquisition of a portfolio of 22 industrial properties in England and Scotland
- OCBC & DBS - Instructed by a top-ranked City law firm to act as Scots counsel for a two bank lender syndicate in the provision of real estate acquisition and refinancing facilities totalling £270.5mn to a Jersey property unit trust, secured on office real estate assets located in England and Scotland.
- Borrower - Instructed by the City office of a major international law firm to advise on the Scots law aspects of a £110mn refinancing for a major UK electrical wholesaler
- RBS - Instructed by the City office of a major international law firm to act for RBS as Scots counsel in respect of the disposal of the Project Buffalo loan portfolio involving c.300 real estate mortgage assets in Scotland
- DNB - Instructed by a Canadian office of a major international law firm to act as Scottish counsel to a syndicate of lenders led by DNB in the CAN$950mn financing of a global fish farming business
- Borrower - Acted as Scots counsel for shipyard owners in Singapore in relation to the restructure of secured building contract indebtedness owed by ship-owners.
- Structured Finance - Acted as Scots counsel for the funders in the restructuring of a private securitisation for a listed property business.