Benefits we bring to you
We’re specialists with genuine expert knowledge, here to offer valuable advice and have grown to become one of Scotland's leading players in the real estate market. We have thirteen partners and over fifty people in our core commercial real estate team, with an additional ten partners supported by well resourced teams in our dedicated real estate support areas of construction, planning, environmental, banking, corporate, property litigation, social housing and renewables.
Our advice is clear and easy to follow. We offer transparent billing, agreeing a fixed fee with our clients, so that they can be reassured that they’ll only pay what they have agreed to pay.
Our Real Estate team of over 70 lawyers are involved in all sectors of the Scottish real estate market including:
- Industrial and logistics
- Residential/living including housebuilding and all sub-sectors of BTR
- Agricultural and rural
We are vastly experienced in all types of real estate deals including:
- Forward funding
- Portfolio acquisitions and disposals
- Leasing and landlord and tenant
We regularly deal with the Scottish aspects of UK-wide cross border deals working alongside lawyers from England and other jurisdictions. Our team has both the experience and the resourcing to handle the biggest deals in the Scottish market in the shortest of timescales.
We act for private and public sector clients including:
- Landowners and holders of large property portfolios
- JV Driver - Instructed by a major international City law firm to assist in the acquisition of Bi-fab. This deal had a high profile in the media and was unusual due to the equity position taken by the Scottish Government and nature of some of the real estate assets which comprised deep water ports.
- Taiyo Nippon Sanso - Instructed by a major international City law firm to assist with the $6bn acquisition of a European business spun out from the $50bn merger between Praxair and Linde. We dealt with the Scottish corporate and real estate aspects.
- Renew Holdings Plc - Instructed by a Leeds based law firm in the acquisition of Scottish headquartered QTS Group for £80m. We dealt with Scottish real estate and finance issues.
- American Realty Capital - Instructed by a major international City law firm in the acquisition of a let investment asset valued at £60m.