We’re looking for high-calibre candidates who can run with the information they’re given, who can deliver an argument, find quick solutions and form strong relationships. Most of all, we’re looking for trainees who can provide a better future for our clients, for our firm and for themselves.
We have been voted a Top 10 UK Law Firm by The Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For and we know that because the views expressed by our people put us there. They believe we are working to create a great place to work and if you are looking to put your talents to best use, come and do your best work with us!
Applications for traineeships commencing in September 2025 are now closed.
Our traineeship is based over both our offices in Edinburgh and Glasgow and there is also the potential for a secondment to one of our clients.
Every year we offer up to ten legal graduates a two-year Scottish traineeship. Our chosen trainees will spend six months in four different seats, offering them great access to our 12 practice areas in four divisions.
Our recruitment process
- We're looking for people with a strong academic record
- Confident and able to demonstrate a positive 'can do' approach
- Naturally good communicators who find it easy to establish new and effective relationships
- Enjoy problem-solving and able to progress matters using own initiative
Learn more about how best to prepare for the traineeship recruitment process at our dedicated page.
Please note the following key dates:
- Applications open - Monday 31 July 2023
- Closing date for applications - 5pm on Thursday 12 October 2023
- Group interviews with HR - Monday 23 and Tuesday 24 October 2023
- Assessment day - Saturday 28 October 2023