We work in these areas:
How we can help you
We act for all of the UK's clearing banks and many international financial institutions and debt funds, as well as domestic and international borrower and sponsor clients. We advise on finance transactions across a range of markets from local corporate and commercial loans to the provision of Scottish advice on global transactions.
- Corporate debt transactions
- Asset and invoice finance
- Retail finance and consumer finance
- Property finance
- Specialist Scottish support
- We acted as lead counsel to a bank lender on the leveraged acquisition of a global consultancy business, co-ordinating advice across multiple jurisdictions
- We acted as Scottish advisers to DNB in connection with the c.CAN$950m financing of a global fish-farming business
- We have prepared template security documents for one clearing bank and provided Scottish advice to two other clearing banks on LIBOR transition supplemental agreements
- We have acted for an asset finance provider in the securitisation of its lease receivables
- We have acted in the Sharia compliant financing of a new vehicle finance business
- We acted for a major UK asset finance business in relation to its c.£140m financing arrangements
What our clients and peers say:
Morton Fraser provide an excellent service to our asset finance partners in the field as well as providing specialist advice on areas such as aviation, marine and portfolio structuring. They adopt a flexible approach and give sound advice with excellent response times and a good price.
Director Specialist and Acquisition Finance, Clydesdale Bank PLC
There exists a high level of professionalism in the work undertaken by Morton Fraser. Tremendous drive and desire to deliver for the mutual interest of all partners. Actions are regularly above and beyond the call of duty.
Regional Director, Clydesdale Bank PLC
The banking lawyers at Morton Fraser are hardworking, pragmatic and always deliver.
Legal 500 2020/21
The firm provides a high level of customer service, with clear concise advice, a flexible approach and a good overlay of commercialism. It is responsive to new requests for advice and pricing is sensible.
Legal 500 2020/21
They have very high levels of asset-based lending expertise.
Chambers and Partners 2019/20