Benefits we bring to your business
Our energy team are able to call upon experts from across the firm in all areas where specialist support is required, for example in property law, planning, construction, litigation, corporate and banking and finance. This full service, team-based and collaborative approach means that whatever your involvement, we have the resources and expertise to look after your interests from project inception to commissioning and beyond.
We act for landowners (single and multiparty), local authorities, developers and funders across a range of technologies, and our team's experience of working in-house for developers gives us a helpful perspective when it comes to assembling suites of contracts or carrying out diligence exercises on portfolios of assets for purchase, sale or financing. In the agricultural and rural space we are very experienced in the development of both single turbine and wind farm projects on crofts and common grazing land.
Some specific areas of expertise include:
- Carbon capture - Our experience of carbon capture has mainly been in the public sector where we have been providing detailed advice on a range of issues. For more information contact Isabel MacSwan
- On-shore wind - We have acted for public sector clients, landowners, developers, purchasers and funders of single wind turbines and clusters, individual wind farms and multi-asset windfarm portfolios, including associated battery storage facilities. For more information contact Gail Watt. Gail Watt is a founder member of Women in Renewable Energy Scotland (WiRES) and is the current Chair of their Steering Group. She is also a member of the Law Society of Scotland's Energy Law Reform Committee.
- Hydro - We have been involved in drafting the construction and energy contracts for a number of hydro schemes across Scotland. For more information contact Caroline Earnshaw
- Solar - Our expertise on solar projects includes dealing with land / leasing issues as well as drafting the power contracts. For more information contact Jonathan Seddon
- Nuclear - Our experience in the nuclear sector goes back decades and our expertise ranges from low level waste issues relating to decommissioning. For more information contact Nick Atkins
- Climate change - Our planning and environmental team have been providing a range of advice on the climate change implications arising out of existing and emerging planning and environmental policy. For more information contact Rory Alexander