Benefits our employment lawyers bring to you
With more Law Society accredited employment law specialist lawyers than any other employment team in Scotland, our highly rated employment lawyers fully understand the issues that can arise in the workplace. Although our employment law solicitors are based in Edinburgh and Glasgow we are able to provide employment advice for employees over the telephone or via a video call throughout the UK.
We advise on a wide range of employment law issues including unfair dismissal, constructive dismissal, redundancy, settlement agreements, bullying at work, executive dismissals and departures, discrimination and equality as well as on disciplinary and grievance issues. If it's necessary to go to an Employment Tribunal then our employment law solicitors will prepare your case thoroughly and present your claim as robustly as possible.
Clear advice on employment law issues from our employment solicitors
Our employment lawyers are straight talking and will provide clear, pragmatic advice. We are sympathetic to the situation that you find yourself in and are well aware of the effects that a work related problem can have. You can expect us to be pro-active and accessible providing swift, expert advice as an employment issue unfolds.
How can our employment lawyers help you
- Our employment solicitors will work with you to achieve results swiftly and cost effectively allowing you to put the problem behind you
- Our employment team is rated by both Chambers and Legal 500 as one of the best in Scotland. Morton Fraser was also commended for employment law by The Times in their Best Law Firms 2021 guide
- Our employment law solicitors help clarify the options you have and the choices you can make. We’ll always give you sound advice as to what is achievable and realistic. Our aim is for you to get the most out of the situation and to be in the best possible place to move on. With insight and guidance you may be able to challenge the position you find yourself in or you may be able to negotiate a better package – coming to us you’ll find an expert, understanding and proactive ally
- Although every situation is unique, our employment lawyers have represented thousands of employees over the years and in any given case the issues we need to address will be ones we're very familiar with and experienced at handling through to a positive outcome. With many of our new clients coming to us via referrals the value we can add to the process is recognised by the clients that we have acted for in the past. You can see a selection of the many positive testimonials that we receive from our clients below
Our approach to fees
- As well as providing clear advice we guarantee that we will be transparent on costs
- We understand the importance of providing fee clarity and value for money. In most cases our employment lawyers can meet with you (either in person or by way of a video call) and provide you with an assessment of your situation, including our view on your options and a recommendation, for a fixed fee of £350 plus VAT
- We offer fixed fee packages for any additional work if possible. If we are not able to provide a fixed fee then we will provide a clear indication of the likely fee based on an agreed scope of work
Please note that we are not able to provide free employment law advice nor do we work on a no-win, no-fee basis.
Please click on "Make an Enquiry" or "Contact Us" and send us your details. We will then arrange for one of our Team to contact you as a priority to discuss your employment situation and to confirm our quote. Alternatively, please contact Innes Clark (0131 247 1181) or Lindsey Cartwright (0141 274 1141) directly.