How we can help you
If you aren't aware of these changes, you can find yourself in a difficult situation when applying to extend your visa.
The process of applying for a visa from inside the UK is also different from applying elsewhere, and can be confusing for first time applicants. You will not be able to travel outside the UK while your application is being processed so it is important to consider timing and whether you need to make use of any of the priority services offered by the Home Office. It is also important to avoid applying too early, as this can affect when you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.
Our expert immigration team are the only team in Scotland to be given the top ranking in both independent legal directories.
We deal with these applications on a regular basis and are able to help individuals plan the process to minimise stress. We can give you clear advice on:
- How to time the application to minimise disruption
- The documents you will need to submit when you apply
- The long term considerations for you, and when you will likely be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (a right to stay in the UK permanently)
We offer a range of fixed fee packages for variety of different areas of work including:
- Providing advice on how to apply
- Preparing visa applications for you
- Reviewing draft applications and supporting documents
- Providing a covering letter for the application
If you would like to discuss how we can help with the application process please get in touch.
As immigration categories and rules change frequently, there may be new and different immigration options available since you first obtained a visa to be in the UK. If you wish to remain in the UK beyond the expiry of your visa, it's best to make an application to the Home Office before your current visa expires.