Benefits we bring to you
We are the only directly appointed Scottish firm on the Crown Commercial Service Wider Public Services Framework (the UK Government's Outsourcing arm, and the biggest public procurement organisation in the UK).
We always take into account the political sensitivities that may arise in individual cases. We ensure a consistent approach is taken to overarching policies, and are vigilant in safeguarding our clients' reputations. We are also careful to ensure that no conflicts of interest arise, including the perception of any conflict.
Our entire team has gained invaluable insight into working with Government. We know many of their teams and how they like to work. We are always up-to-speed with relevant legislation. We know the overarching policies that apply and help our clients act effectively within those policies.
With increasing constraints on the public purse, we’re keen to add value. We regularly provide free ad hoc advice, working collaboratively with Government clients as their "colleague down the corridor" and are happy to offer a view or act as a sounding-board.
Our support extends beyond providing legal advice. Recent initiatives for government clients include:
- Sharing our experience of adopting the Mindful Business Charter in order to improve mental health and wellbeing both within our firm and our clients' organisations
- Creating a framework for tracking added value, and making that freely available to other panel firms
- Candidly sharing our own experiences and learnings with clients to help them with projects such as Learning & Development, agile working, and legal project management
How we can help you
- We understand the needs of the sector
- We serve over a hundred public sector clients
- We have over eighty specialists in our public sector team
- We work to protect the public purse
- We know how unique our clients are
- We are constantly improving and innovating